Training for teachers
Professional development and training programs are designed to meet specific needs. Surveys, personal visits, and discussions with school divisions assist us in planning our programs. Programs can be held at the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center in Abingdon or within the school division.
Following participation in a professional development event, educators receive a certificate showing the number of hours of participation. School divisions then translate these hours into points toward recertification/licensure.
Sample programs for educators:
- School Law for Administrators
- School Law for Counselors
- Challenges of Mathematics
- Mathematics for all grade levels
- Science—Multiple topics
- NASCAR and Mathematics
- It’s a Drone
- What is a Spero?
- Mathematics—Number Talks all levels
- Digital Vocabulary
- Using Bloxels in the Classroom
- Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc
- Reading — all topics — all grades