The Virginia Tech Southwest Center is housed in the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, which hosts more than 1,300 events each year and offers 89,000 square feet of meeting space, cutting-edge technology, and outstanding staff support.
The Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center offers the meeting planner a sophisticated and high-tech conference environment. Penny McCallum can assist you with your meetings, classes, seminars, or workshops in our technologically advanced instructional and meeting space, including classrooms that feature state-of-the-art technology, video conferencing, audiovisual equipment, two state-of-the-art computer labs, and access to wireless internet connections.
Versatile Conference and Meeting Spaces
- 13,000 sq. ft. Grand Hall with concert-quality sound system
- Tiered lecture auditorium (executive seating for 100)
- U-Shaped Tiered Classroom (seating for 65)
- Multiple meeting rooms (flexible seating for 15–60)
- Board rooms
- Computer labs
- Reception areas
Technology, Equipment and Capabilities
- High-speed ATM, ISDN, and IP capabilities
- Broadband Internet connectivity
- Video web streaming and global videoconferencing
- Sound systems
- On-site food and beverage services
- Excellent catering choices.
- Large dance floor
- Complimentary parking
- Skilled Information Technology and Conference Services staff